Seminars, Conferences and Training Sessions
Upcoming Speaking Engagements
Tuesday, September 22, 2015 at 1:00 pm
Jonathan J. Downes presents "Risk Management for Supervisors" for the Ohio Association of Chiefs of Police beginning at 1 p.m. at the Crowne Plaza Columbus North.
Supervisors need to be aware of their legal responsibilities, liabilities, and protections, as well as what activities may be technically legal, but may not meet with public approval.
Crowne Plaza Columbus North | 6500 Doubletree Avenue, Columbus, OH
Thursday, September 24, 2015 at 10:00 am
Jonathan J. Downes and Drew C. Piersall present "Negotiations - Post Recession and Impact of The Affordable Care Act" for the Ohio GFOA - Annual Conference & Membership Meeting to be held at the Hilton Netherland Plaza in Cincinnati.
Hilton Netherland Plaza | 35 West Fifth Street, Cincinnati, OH
Zashin & Rich has a responsibility to our clients as well as other individuals interested in knowing more about the law. Each year, many of our attorneys speak and present at seminars and conferences in an effort to broaden an understanding of various aspects of laws that affect corporations, individuals, couples, and private organizations.
These presentations can be tailored to each group and are often accompanied by supporting materials. These materials allow the learning process to continue long after the presentation. The firm's presentations are developed with two goals:
- Present information creating new avenues of thinking and new approaches to problem solving; and
- Discuss issues which may have caused confusion or created doubt about laws, ordinances, or specific court decisions.
Special relationships with practitioners in a wide range of professional services, including financial consulting, health care, accounting, and business development, allow the firm's attorneys to tailor programs to individual/corporate needs.
The following is a partial list of seminar topics the firm has presented to corporations, professional organizations, and community groups:
- The Leave of Absence Puzzle: Fitting the Pieces Together
- Alternate Dispute Resolution: Taking a Fresh Look and Litigating Employment
- Based Claims
- Recent Developments in Ohio and Federal Employment Law
- Recent Developments under the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Sexual Harassment Education and Training
- How to Conduct an Internal Investigation
- Making the Most of Employer Rights under the Family and Medical Leave Act
- Surprise! Responding Effectively to Visits from Federal and State Agencies
- Domestic Violence and its Impact on Custody
- Domestic Violence and Discovery
- Tax Ramifications in Domestic Relations Settlements
- The Role of a Certified Public Accountant in a Criminal Tax Investigation
- Real Estate Foreclosures
If you are interested in a seminar presentation or training seminar, please contact Stephen S. Zashin at 216-696-4441.