Seminars, Conferences and Training Sessions
Upcoming Speaking Engagements
Wednesday, May 6, 2015
Jonathan Downes and Drew Piersall present "Social Media – Employment Law Issues" and "The Intersection of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act and Workers' Compensation: Managing Disabilities" at the 2015 OJFSDA Annual Training Conference at the Hyatt Regency Columbus on High Street.
Friday, May 8, 2015 at 11:15 am
Jonathan Downes conducts Legal Update at the Ohio Association of Public Safety Directors Annual Conference at 11:15 a.m. at the Reynoldsburg Police Department.
Monday, June 8, 2015
Patrick Watts presents at the Lake, Geauga, Ashtabula SHRM Annual Conference.
June 10, 2015 at 2:00 pm
Stephen S. Zashin and Drew C. Piersall present "The Interplay of the American with Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act and Workers' Compensation: Managing the Leave of Absence Puzzle" at 2:00 p.m. at the Ohio Public Transit Association's annual conference to be held at the DoubleTree Hotel in Columbus, Ohio.
Zashin & Rich has a responsibility to our clients as well as other individuals interested in knowing more about the law. Each year, many of our attorneys speak and present at seminars and conferences in an effort to broaden an understanding of various aspects of laws that affect corporations, individuals, couples, and private organizations.
These presentations can be tailored to each group and are often accompanied by supporting materials. These materials allow the learning process to continue long after the presentation. The firm's presentations are developed with two goals:
- Present information creating new avenues of thinking and new approaches to problem solving; and
- Discuss issues which may have caused confusion or created doubt about laws, ordinances, or specific court decisions.
Special relationships with practitioners in a wide range of professional services, including financial consulting, health care, accounting, and business development, allow the firm's attorneys to tailor programs to individual/corporate needs.
The following is a partial list of seminar topics the firm has presented to corporations, professional organizations, and community groups:
- The Leave of Absence Puzzle: Fitting the Pieces Together
- Alternate Dispute Resolution: Taking a Fresh Look and Litigating Employment
- Based Claims
- Recent Developments in Ohio and Federal Employment Law
- Recent Developments under the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Sexual Harassment Education and Training
- How to Conduct an Internal Investigation
- Making the Most of Employer Rights under the Family and Medical Leave Act
- Surprise! Responding Effectively to Visits from Federal and State Agencies
- Domestic Violence and its Impact on Custody
- Domestic Violence and Discovery
- Tax Ramifications in Domestic Relations Settlements
- The Role of a Certified Public Accountant in a Criminal Tax Investigation
- Real Estate Foreclosures
If you are interested in a seminar presentation or training seminar, please contact Stephen S. Zashin at 216-696-4441.